Friday, September 07, 2012

house of the lord

(from the one who is Love Eternal--)

how long ago I let you
split from me
like a wandering chunk of ice
carved from a glacier

but there is no forgetting
I will wait forever

for you to take your skin back
from the sea
and shake yourself loose from the sand
like a precious stone

and finally bring your broken parts
to me
dusty and dripping
pile them at my door

could I refuse you—never!
your worn-down fragments
are my treasure

and if you fall, look up
to my shining face

here, where you belong
feel my arms
still
holding you together

3 Comments:

Blogger Out of Sight L said...

Stunning...you take my breath away

Friday, September 7, 2012 at 1:45:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Gillena Cox said...

your poem does justice to the term "pearl of great prize"


much love...

Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 8:06:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Yes said...

Lorraine--such a sweet and dramatic comment--means a lot to me when you say that--

Gillenea--Love your creativity! And I do treasure your comments...thank you

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 12:45:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home