Wednesday, February 20, 2008

sole mio

sun tied to this world
having fled the low horizon
for the night

I see you
tethered in the red and green wake
of a tugboat

sole mio
bright dolphin
you call me

sun tied to this world
again, when winter binds
your sky

I see you
yellow, still caught
in the flat hands

of dancing branches
that fluttered in your golden heat
and pulled you down
trembling

sole mio
slow fire
you call me

sun tied to this world
bursting your dandelion heart
into motes
across the rainbow

sole mio
like a lover
you call me

4 Comments:

Blogger TomScot said...

Great imagery from a really strong and unique poet. You get better all the time. I'll see you in the wake of the water and the waves.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 at 1:10:00 PM EST  
Blogger Yes said...

Tomscot--I'm speechless at this generous praise from such a worthy critic!
I hope to see you soon, with or without the wetness...

Saturday, February 23, 2008 at 6:11:00 PM EST  
Blogger Pat Paulk said...

Definitely a sun person myself. It's cloudy and raining outside, but the sun just popped right up in my office. Great, great poem!!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 at 8:43:00 AM EST  
Blogger Yes said...

Thank you, Pat--
You always bring sunshine with you on your visits!
Hope you are finally feeling better--sending bright wishes your way...

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 11:50:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home