Saturday, July 16, 2011

Goldfinch

more than a jewel,
yellow streak
on tawny wings

world of gold
what are you taking hold of
inside me

you have captured us
I and
the yellow starflower

pulled into the power of your dance
while you sit motionless
radiant
on the tip of a branch

the zebra swallowtail
lifts its translucent wings
towards you
as if to the noon sun

and my soul, no longer soiled
spills out its true color

yellow, not adorned
but born, like you
pure native light

and flying,
even at rest

6 Comments:

Blogger SprigBlossoms said...

Hello Firebird! You have captured the beauty of the goldfinch and its meaning to you so well. The line 'yellow not adorned but born' stands out to me the most. Many cheers to you :)

Saturday, July 16, 2011 at 8:53:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Bhargav Bhatt said...

a different shade... wow... it speaks a lot... (jz have to have a glance :) )

Sunday, July 17, 2011 at 12:45:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I wish I could sweety, show my true colours they are a wonder to me, wow I love every words that your spirit sprouts, literally x

Sunday, July 17, 2011 at 5:24:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Devika Jyothi said...

Lovely poetry, dear bird...like a balmy breeze the images flow :)

wishes,
devika

Sunday, July 17, 2011 at 11:58:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Yes said...

SB--so happy to see you here--and your comment makes me joyful, too! I love that you singled out that line--thanks for your visit and comment!

Bhargav--I do appreciate your comment, and always glad when you visit!

Lorraine--I believe you do show your true colors every time you take a photo and write a poem--and they are beautiful! Thank you so much, your comment means a lot to me.

Devika--your graceful flowing comment is relaxing and free--like a vacation! (Don't we need that!)

Monday, July 18, 2011 at 1:56:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Devika Jyothi said...

so nice a return comment to have, dear bird :)

wishes,
devika

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at 12:37:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home