Monday, December 03, 2012

to the garden

way back when I was
only your child

weary of oranges
and love

someone spoke of
a secret space inside me
unopened

and showed me how to step
out of your arms

my love, I traded you
for this soft pull on my entrails
day and night, this longing

and all that came with it
the majesty of memory,
the will to build

and the power to grow
tall enough
to be your mirror

I, your child

the one you reach to now
with your shimmering
snake-like hands

tempting me
back to the garden

3 Comments:

Blogger Out of Sight L said...

I loved my mom so much, and I know that she loved me more than anyone else ever did. If she were to call me I'd tell her to wait, my 3 cats must be with her first, then I'll run and jump in her arms....if there is anything at all that you need, you will get it because you mom loves you, this much I know and I love you too. I'll never stop the sprinkles...golden hues ....xxx

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 5:48:00 AM EST  
Blogger Yes said...

Lorraine--I love your comment--now tell me, how do you get three cats to all go to the same place?

I think your mom is sending you golden sprinkles...close your eyes and feel them--

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 2:51:00 PM EST  
Blogger Out of Sight L said...

yes so soft on my eyelids, the timing could be problametic and as carelessly as i say it each would break my heart...But I'll be a step closer to heaven, I'm going to give you a big hug whenyou arrive, because I will be there before you, this I Know xxx

Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 5:31:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home